If you are pregnant and live in Surrey, White Rock or Delta BC, have some challenges during your pregnancy and think you would benefit from some friendly support and health and nutrition information coaching, then Healthiest Babies Possible (HBP) may be for you. Healthiest Babies Possible is a pregnancy outreach program designed to help you to be healthy and have the healthiest baby possible.
How Healthiest Babies Possible Works
All HBP services are free, confidential and available in different languages. How you participate in the program is entirely up to you and your own individual needs, whether you need to quit smoking, feel isolated and need to talk, or feel worried and anxious about your pregnancy.
One-to-one Visits and Phone coaching
Available upon request.
Join the weekly group, where healthy snack or meals are shared. You can also purchase 'Good Food Bags', which contain our own selection of healthy fruits and vegetables, and information and education about having a healthy baby. (Good Food Bags available for $3.00). Grocery store gift certificates and free prenatal vitamins are also available if needed.
Childcare is provided at our programs, with plenty of social time as well. And as a member of Healthiest Babies Possible you will also gain access to a Members Only website for your own use.
Stay Connected FacebookYouTube
As a member of Healthiest Babies Possible, you can stay connected to us in person, over the phone, over text message and on social media:
BC Association of Pregnancy Outreach Programs
This program is funded by the Fraser Health Authority and Public Health Agency of Canada.
- Thank you so much for all your support during my pregnancy, for all the time you patiently spent listening to me about my fears. I couldn't have done this quite the same without all your support. - HBP Client
- You have made a difference in my life! You coming to my home, teaching me and listening to me at a time when I felt the most alone was a blessing to me. Thank you for your support. -HBP Client
- I am a single mom. I was depressed because my man left me, I was afraid doing this on my own, was very stressed out all the time. I thought I was alone, I never talked to anyone about how I feel... because I am new to Surrey not knowing anybody.
- A good friend told me about Healthiest Babies Possible. Talking to other single moms and ladies going through same thing that I am going through in my pregnancy, I didn't feel so bad. I really like everyone there because they are friendly and they always have information that I need or I didn't know about. I think it is great that everyone is treated with respect and I did not ever felt uncomfortable at all when I joined HBP. I liked how you didn't judge people, people of all race and religions, you treat us all the same... I like that you offer food vouchers, prenatal vitamins and bus tickets, it helps so much.
- I liked that you guys always had information on any subject. I forget a lot of things in pregnancy. My counsellor helped tell me how to eat with Gestational Diabetes, she gave me meal plans to feed toddler. I learned about eating the right foods, now I know which ones to eat. I had to really think about what I was eating everyday, I still think now, 'okay what did I have today, is it balanced?'. And I am trying to teach my toddler that too, so he can grow up eating right.
- The Public Health Nurse helped me with breastfeeding big time, she helped me through engorgement with this baby so I was able to control it, so it wasn't as bad. I didn't think I was ever gonna breastfeed because they were so sore with my first.
- I was very sad and confused but now I feel real great. Before I was always shy now I talk to anybody... I have a totally different view in life than I did before; I am more positive.
- I think everyone that is pregnant should join HBP... just try it."