Healthiest Babies Possible offers individual and group sessions focused on pregnancy, healthy eating, general physical health emotional well being, breastfeeding and infant care. Our service lasts from pregnancy until you baby turns 6 months old.
All services are free and confidential. Self-referrals accepted.
How Healthiest Babies Possible Works
Individual Support with our pregnancy support worker is determined by need. Clients can have their specific questions and concerns addressed and get connected with other services in the community. Individual support lasts until baby is born.
All our clients are welcome to attend groups until their baby is 6 months old. At groups, expecting and new parents can socialize, relax, gain information and enjoy a healthy meal or snack.
Provided at Groups
- Lunch Clubs (weekly)
- Pre/Post-Natal Yoga (bi-weekly)
- Community Kitchen (monthly)
- Prepping for Birthing (monthly)
- Childlminding (available at most groups)
- Donated baby clothes and items
- Free prenatal vitamins
- Grocery store gift cards
Stay Connected Facebook Instagram
As a member of Healthiest Babies Possible, you can stay connected to us in person, over the phone, over text message and on social media:
BC Association of Pregnancy Outreach Programs
This program is funded by the Fraser Health Authority and Public Health Agency of Canada.
- Thank you so much for all your support during my pregnancy, for all the time you patiently spent listening to me about my fears. I couldn't have done this quite the same without all your support. - HBP Client
- You have made a difference in my life! You coming to my home, teaching me and listening to me at a time when I felt the most alone was a blessing to me. Thank you for your support. -HBP Client
- I am a single mom. I was depressed because my man left me, I was afraid doing this on my own, was very stressed out all the time. I thought I was alone, I never talked to anyone about how I feel... because I am new to Surrey not knowing anybody.
- A good friend told me about Healthiest Babies Possible. Talking to other single moms and ladies going through same thing that I am going through in my pregnancy, I didn't feel so bad. I really like everyone there because they are friendly and they always have information that I need or I didn't know about. I think it is great that everyone is treated with respect and I did not ever felt uncomfortable at all when I joined HBP. I liked how you didn't judge people, people of all race and religions, you treat us all the same... I like that you offer food vouchers, prenatal vitamins and bus tickets, it helps so much.
- I liked that you guys always had information on any subject. I forget a lot of things in pregnancy. My counsellor helped tell me how to eat with Gestational Diabetes, she gave me meal plans to feed toddler. I learned about eating the right foods, now I know which ones to eat. I had to really think about what I was eating everyday, I still think now, 'okay what did I have today, is it balanced?'. And I am trying to teach my toddler that too, so he can grow up eating right.
- The Public Health Nurse helped me with breastfeeding big time, she helped me through engorgement with this baby so I was able to control it, so it wasn't as bad. I didn't think I was ever gonna breastfeed because they were so sore with my first.
- I was very sad and confused but now I feel real great. Before I was always shy now I talk to anybody... I have a totally different view in life than I did before; I am more positive.
- I think everyone that is pregnant should join HBP... just try it."