BC Settlement and Integration Services
BCSIS assists eligible clients to pursue Pathways to Citizenship; Increase ability to enter or thrive in BC’s Labour market; Establish connections to workplace and community.
BCSIS Outcomes: Successful navigation of immigration process; Increase labour market attachment; Better integration into community and workplace.
Services offered in: English, Korean, Hindi, Punjabi, and Spanish
- Information, referral and action planning that meet settlement, employment and integration needs.
- Access to government, community and employment resources and services/ programs.
- Educate and support clients with respect to their rights and responsibilities as residents, workers and citizens of BC.
- Assistance to navigate immigration and work permit applications.
- Support to access the national open work permit program for vulnerable Temporary Foreign workers experiencing, or are at risk of experiencing abuse in the context of their employment in Canada.
- Support to address workplace safety or Employment Standards issues.
- Community connections, including social and professional mentoring, participation in cross-cultural events and job fairs.
- Employment Counselling and Job Search Skills Training.
- English Conversation Circles.
- Support Groups for Temporary Residents with Work Permits with the aim to provide Labour Market support and cultural /language support to overcome isolation or enhance community integration
- Refugee claimants have access to onsite Employment Assistance Worker (EAW) support, in partnership with the Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation (MSDSI).
- Refugee claimants support groups.
- Workplace English Conversation Circles.
Customized Employment Support for Refugee Claimants
This customized short-term basic employment related supports will include:
- Applying for a work permit.
- Applying for a social insurance number.
- Information about the labour market.
- Skill matching between refugee claimant and employer needs.
- Employment related English conversation circles.
- Income assistance application.
- Connects to Volunteer experiences to provide Canadian experience in the workplace.
For refugees, temporary foreign workers, post-secondary international students and provincial nominees looking to pursue pathways to citizenship; increase ability to enter and thrive in BC’s Labour market and establish connections to the workplace and community. 604.954.0484