BC Settlement and Integration Services (BCSIS)
BCSIS assists eligible clients to pursue Pathways to Citizenship; Increase ability to enter or thrive in BC’s Labour market; Establish connections to workplace and community.
BCSIS Outcomes: Successful navigation of immigration process; Increase labour market attachment; Better integration into community and workplace.
Services offered in: English, Hindi, Punjabi, and Spanish
- Employment Counselling and Job Search Skills Training.
- Support to address workplace safety or Employment Standards issues.
- Customized Employment Support for Refugee Claimants.
- Educate and support clients with respect to their rights and responsibilities as residents, workers and citizens of BC.
- Workplace English Conversation Circles.
- Community connections, including social and professional mentoring, participation in cross-cultural events and job fairs.
- Assistance to navigate immigration and work permit applications.
- Support to access the national open work permit program for vulnerable Temporary Foreign workers experiencing, or at risk of experiencing, abuse in the context of their employment in Canada.
- Access to government, community and employment resources and services/programs.
- English Conversation Circles.
- Refugee claimants have access to onsite Employment Assistance Worker (EAW) support, in partnership with the Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovations (MSDSI).
- Information, referral and action planning that meet settlement, employment and integration needs.
- Refugee claimants support groups.
English Language Training
- In-person and virtual class for beginners and intermediate.
- Mobile Language Support available at work sites.
- Workplace English practice.
Customized Employment Support for Refugee Claimants
This customized short-term basic employment related supports will include:
- Applying for a social insurance number.
- Applying for a work permit.
- Connects to Volunteer experiences to provide Canadian experience in the workplace.
- Employment related English conversation circles.
- Income assistance application.
- Information about the labour market.
- Skill matching between refugee claimant and employer needs.
For more information about Customized Employment Support for Refugee Claimants call 604.954.0484 ext 61138
For refugees, temporary foreign workers, post-secondary international students and provincial nominees looking to pursue pathways to citizenship; increase ability to enter and thrive in BC’s Labour market and establish connections to the workplace and community.
Can you access the program directly?
For general enquiries or to book an appointment please reach out to Savina via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
#4 13634 104 Ave. Surrey, BC
604.954.1081 ext. 61359
Funded by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs.