If your child has experienced sexual abuse, or where sexual abuse is suspected, he or she may be eligible for short and long-term counselling in this program. Check out our Options Parent Support Handbook for more useful information.
Using research-based treatment, counsellors provide support to your child to:
- reduce trauma symptoms
- decrease stress
- increase self-esteem
- improve overall-well-being
- individual counselling
- parent support
More comprehensive services include:
- clinical assessment to determine needs
- a broad range of treatment formats and modalities
- expressive (art and play) therapy using professionally designed, state-of-the-art facilities
- education and emotional support for family members with respect to parenting concerns, managing behaviours, preventing further abuse and communicating about sexual abuse
- assistance with applications for Crime Victim Assistance compensation, and in accessing specialized help with the court process when needed
- workshops and information sessions to increase community understanding about sexual abuse
- collaboration and consultation with specialized services and professionals
- referrals to other services and resources in the community
- non-offending family members and caregivers also receive support and education to help cope with the impact of sexual abuse on the family.
We understand that every client has unique needs, which is why we offer flexible service delivery options. Based on the specific requirements for services, virtual and phone call service delivery can be considered as viable options.
For children (ages 3-18) living in Surrey who have experienced sexual abuse or where sexual abuse is suspected. Contact 604.584.5811 ext. 11301.
Can you access the program directly?
To register, make a referral or for general inquiries, please contact a Sexual Abuse Worker at 604.584.5811 ext. 11301.
Our intake requirements are based on current provincial guidelines for sexual abuse intervention programs.
PLEASE NOTE: We are not accepting practicum student applications at this time.
Monday - Friday (8:30 am - 4:30 pm)
evening appointments available
Acting Senior Manager of Counselling Services
604.584.5811 ext. 11325
This is not an emergency contact. If this is an emergency, please call 911 or the Crisis Line (604.951.8855 | 1.877.820.7444)