The Clubhouse program serves adults living with a mental illness. If you or someone you know has mental health issues, you may be seeking a community of understanding, like-minded people who might share the same experiences that you do. Find your sense of belonging at a Clubhouse, a safe, supportive environment where you can socialize, participate in fun recreational activities, learn employment skills, and increase community involvement. At the Clubhouses, you will never be labeled by your condition, and will feel welcomed with open arms.
The Clubhouses are based on a psycho-social rehabilitation approach to wellness. Participants are encouraged to participate in the daily operations. Each participant has an individual service plan that is reviewed on a regular basis and modified as circumstances dictate. Staff are trained and possess an understanding of the obstacles facing people living with a mental illness, and can support you in skill building, locating useful community resources and finding suitable volunteer opportunities.
Whale House - White Rock
Whale House is wheelchair accessible and offers the following:
- Basic skills and activities which focus on individual’s personal life, essential to daily living.
- Assist individuals to identify educational goals and needs.
- Pre-employment activities which assist individuals to identify pre-employment needs and goals as well as opportunities to participate in skill-building activities.
- Therapeutic Volunteer and Supported Work programs.
- Leisure/recreation/social activities based on members' values and interests.
- Flexibility, depending on client needs.
Calendar of Activities
Want a sneak peek of the Whale House?
|9:30am 20 min. Easy Workouts||9:30am 20 min. Easy Workouts||9:30am 20 min. Easy Workouts (2nd, 3rd & 4th Wed)||9:30am 20 min. Easy Workouts||9:30am 20 min. Easy Workouts (Except for Oct 4th)|
|10:00am Fall Yard Cleaning||10:30am Exercise Group (2nd & 4th Wed)||10:00am Fall Clean Up||1:30pm 7 Steps to Employment|
|1:00pm Weekly Menu Planning (1st & 3rd Mon)||3:00pm Drum Circle (2nd, 3rd & 4th Wed)||10:00am Computer Lessons (Except for Oct. 3rd)|
For adults (19+ years old) living in White Rock with a mental illness and want a safe, supportive environment to socialize, participate in recreational activities, learn employment skills, and increase community involvement.