Beginning April 1, Options Community Services will be operating Whalley, Guildford & Newton WorkBC Employment Centres.
Some links will not be operational until April 1.
WORKBC EMPLOYMENT SERVICES CENTRES
- Interested in exploring your career options?
- Wondering what steps to take in your job search?
- Need assistance to explore training or self-employment?
Since 2012, our WorkBC Employment Services Centre has been dedicated to help job seekers find employment.
We offer a wide range of services to help people achieve their employment goals.
Our services are cost-free and tailored to Surrey residents who are unemployed and legally entitled to work in Canada.
STAFFED RESOURCE AREA
- Fully staffed self-serve resource centre for independent job search activities, providing computers and internet access, printers, telephones, fax machines, photocopier and scanning services. As well as a variety of job search resources and access to community service resource information.
JOB SEARCH & WORKSHOPS
- Career exploration to help you succeed in finding suitable career
- Job search workshops
- It involves working collaboratively with an Employment Counselor to assess and identify your employment readiness, your specific employment related needs to support your efforts in achieving labour market attachment. Your Employment Counselor will assess your eligibility for services, provide one to one employment counseling, job search support and referral to Job Developer for placement services.
CONNECTIONS TO GET HIRED
- Our Job Developer help in connecting our clients to valuable community and employer contacts for work opportunities and wage subsidy contracts.
SELF EMPLOYMENT SERVICES
- Referrals for Business Plan Development and Management Support based on eligibility
FINANCIAL SUPPORTS *
- Short term certifications like First Aid, Food Safe, and more
- Long term Occupational Skills Development training
- Project Based Labour Market Training
- Apprenticeship programs
- Wage subsidy contracts leading to permanent placement
- Job start supports like bus tickets, clothing, work gear etc.
- Support for single parents on income assistance like schooling, wage subsidy, daycare, transportation etc.
- Customized job placement services available for persons with disabilities
- One-on-one Job Support
- Specialized services available for Aboriginals, Francophone, New Immigrants, Survivors of Violence, Youth and Mature workers.
* Services are based on individual qualifications.
Call or visit us to see which services you are eligible for.
Interested in seeing what it is like at our Whalley Employment Services Centre? Watch our recent video.
There are two ways to get started ...
- Visit your local WorkBC Employment Services Centre site directly at our WorkBC Employment Services Centre, or
- You can request for services by accessing our Online Registration Application
- For Employers looking to hire
- For Individuals (ages 16 and over) who are living in Surrey and need help finding a job
Can you access the program directly?
Whalley, Guilford and Newton WorkBC Employment Services are operated by Options Community Services and funded by the Government of Canada and the Province of British Columbia.