Transportation for Participation
Our Whale House Clubhouse is a psychosocial rehabilitation program designed to offer a safe and supportive environment to adults living with a mental illness. The Whale House is open five days and three evenings a week. The program is member driven and goals are voted in by the members. We provide vocational, educational, recreational programs to help our members to integrate back into the Community.
The Whale House current van is a 1999 Ford. We need to replace our van to provide community outings as we use the van every day and 3 evenings a week for outings. Here is just a sample of the outings we use it for...
- Tuesday Evening Bowling at our local bowling alley and Floor hockey at the school gym
- Thursday evening Basketball at the community gym
- Baseball and floor hockey out in the community
- Thursday evening swim & gym at our local recreation Centre.
- Star of The Sea (dinner by donations Tuesday evenings)
- Friday St John’s church (lunches by donations Fridays)
- Wednesday -various restaurants outings (organized and ran by members in the White Rock area
- By appointments - Lens Crafters (free glasses and eye examinations for members)
- South Surrey Arena (Surrey Eagles hockey game)
- Fridays - different day trips such as Pine lake, Stanley park, art galleries, Science World
- Wednesday - outing to malls , Costco
- Mondays - grocery shopping with members
Be a part of Transportation for Participation! Our Whale House rely's on having a wheelchair accessible van to get members around to recreation activities and events. Our current van is old and needs replacing. You can be a part of Transportation for Participation today! Your donation will help us keep the wheels in motion.