Warning Signs of Bullying
- suddenly reluctant to go to school or don’t want to join the kids they used to play with
- may complain of headaches and stomach aches, especially in the morning
- young children may become clingy with their parents, whereas older children tend to isolate themselves.
- not going to the bathroom at school. A lot of bullies attack in the bathroom, away from cameras and adults. Avoiding unsupervised activities and areas.
- getting upset after a phone call, text or email.
- losing friends they previously had.
- being more isolated and skipping activities that they used to enjoy. Spending more time alone in their rooms.
- making negative statements about themselves and engaging in negative self-talk.